.

August 2, 2013

A Light Beckons Softly

I haven't kept a fantastic record of my recent painting series on this blog. I posted the first painting I created a while back (which can be read about here). And I've created three paintings since, all relating to the process of grief and mourning. I'll put them together at some point so you can see the progression, but for now I wanted to post the final composition to the series. This was the largest and most time consuming piece I did, but I wanted to incorporate a figure because the piece represents not just a feeling, but a definite action. In the process of all that is grief, there comes a time to step forward, with the help of a strength beyond human capacity and this painting is representative of that. I welcome your comments below in response!

A Light Beckons Softly
acrylic on canvas
48"x 60"
2013

“And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast.” 1 Peter 5:10

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...