.

November 18, 2013

Create the Perfect Winter Garland

Look at my lovely pinecone garland. I was inspired in the midst of watching The Holiday on a Christmas whim other day. I looked over at my autumn pinecone decor sitting in a dish on my coffee table and knew they needed to be transformed into the beginnings of my wintery wonderland that is being created in our home! And while this is an easy little craft to do while watching a movie, I think it adds the perfect touch to our "mantle", so to speak. 
I used the tutorial from The Sweetest Occasion though I didn't apply gold leaf. I had some antique gold paint on hand and it worked just fine. Since then, the hubby and I went on a Christmas shopping excursion and came home with an abundance of greenery- this register/mantle has since been added to and changed. More pictures of that to come later...but I hope that with these pictures, you are also inspired to create a simple winter delight. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...