.

July 27, 2011

Going Bananas

In an effort to rid myself of the mound of frozen bananas I have, I've been making everything with a bit of banana lately. Those things just pile up in my freezer before I can actually make use of them! I first off made my favourite classic, banana bread- so good, I could eat it all day! Then I wanted to try out this popular recipe post from The Kitchn. It turned out pretty good, but not pretty enough for pictures so I didn't take any- I even added some peanut butter. Yum.

And then this thought came to my mind. What would happen if I made a little chai tea, mashed it together with a banana and threw it in the freezer? Well, I found out after a little experimentation and the results were pretty fabulous. So without further ado, The Banana Chai Granita!


Step 1: (These steps do not involve a whole lot of effort, so do not worry about exerting yourself...) Make a cup of chai tea- although I only ended up using half of the liquid, so you could make half a cup if you prefer.

Step 2: Take a fresh banana, cut it into pieces (I ran out of knives so I resorted to breaking it apart as you can tell by my uneven lines...) and toss it into the freezer for about 1-2 hours.

Step 3: Take the bananas out, whip out your blender or hand mixer, add 1/2 cup of the chai tea and blend, blend, BLEND!

Step 4: Put in a container into the freezer and stir every so often so it does not turn into a chunk of ice.

And there you have it ladies and gents, the delectable fancy granita perfect for a hot summer's day! Enjoy!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...