.

May 12, 2010

Delicious Granola Bars!

Do you ever get that craving for wheat germ, coconut or sunflower seeds? Well, I have the perfect solution to your craving, and it's super yummy too! And also super simple and a little bit healthy- the perfect combination! Here it is- I wish I had a picture, but you will just have to take my word for it. I made them the other day and can't stop eating them. So good! Here it is:

Chewy Granola Bars

1 cup brown sugar, not packed
2/3 cup peanut butter (I used half crunchy, half smooth)
1/2 cup corn syrup (Rogers Golden Syrup works too, I ran out of corn syrup and it turned out fine!)
1/2 cup margarine, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup wheat germ
2 tablespoons sesame seed
1 cup chocolate chips

*Mix first 5 ingredients. Add the rest and mix well. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes in a 9x13" pan (until golden brown). Let cool and enjoy!

Hope this works as well for you as it always does for me! And I just realized how many exclamation marks I have used in this post, but that is because I am so excited about this recipe! It's that good!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...