.

October 15, 2011

Artist of the Day: Me!!

In following my last post, I realized that I have not posted my own artwork in a while! I have been creating a lot with all of my classes. To be honest, I haven't really been happy with most of the end results except for the one class where it feels like we can just play! These are some of the end products of that class.

The first two were created under the theme, "Economy". I more so felt like just painting a pretty picture with watercolours... so I kind of incorporated that theme into them, but they are much more about the illustration than the theme!



I am often inspired by other's works, but I had not seen Elsa Mora's works before doing these paper cuts! But I did discover through doing these that paper cutting is really fun! I absolutely love doing them- it's very relaxing, especially when you are sick and can do it while watching t.v. (revert to this post). I have one bigger one to post (these are just little 4" by 6" pieces) but it's being marked at the moment, so it's not in my possession for the time being.





And a sidenote- I have been enjoying the company of the television show, Community, lately- it's SO funny!! Has anyone else seen it?? It reminds me of my own community college experience last year which makes it all the more funny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, love seeing what you are doing, Jen! As I look at the 2nd watercolour, the first thing that comes to mind is Madeline. I'm expecting to see 12 little girls in 2 straight lines come marching around the corner.
And I can see you getting into paper cutting - it is lovely.
Have a good day -
Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...