.

July 27, 2010

These Old Things

So today I feel compelled to bring something to the front of your memories. I once upon a time spent hour upon hour creating crocheted pieces for a craft show, proceeded to sell next to nothing and was left with a stash of crocheted bonnets, hats and one sweater which I didn't know what to do with. Upon cleaning my room the other day, I came across these precious items and would like to remind you of their worth right now! If you should want a cute little bonnet for your child or someone you know, I am selling these heirloom bonnets at $20.00 (Down from $25!), and the sweater at a new low price of $35.00 (Down from $40!). Please let me know if you are interested and I will be sure to get back to you!


The bonnets come in sizes small and large in most colours

Also, as a side note, I think I will start posting about the books I am reading or have read, maybe do a little review here and there! I just barely finished (before I had to return it to the library so I wouldn't get more fines than I already have...) the book, Geisha, A Life by Mineko Iwasaki. It's a very interesting autobiographical read. I've always been fascinated by Japanese culture and Geisha lifestyle, so I picked this up one day thinking it might just be a story with information that I already have gathered about the lifestyle. But it is much more than that, I found. I really couldn't even put it down some times! Her story is fascinating and the conviction and determination she displays is inspiring. And any misconceptions you have about Meiko and Geisha, she will be sure to set you straight! The word "geiko" (another name for Geisha) means "artist" and I've discovered that is exactly what they are and maybe that is why I am so drawn toward it. Although, they are much more disciplined artists than I. I think I could learn a lot from the way they discipline themselves to learn and study their art forms. I'm so lazy about it...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...