.

September 1, 2014

Life Lately: Iona Beach

I had meant to post this days ago. But somehow summer gets in the way, or at least, trying to enjoy the last days of it. I'm not looking forward to summer leaving- I feel like I haven't even begun to enjoy it! On the few days that M and I were able to get out together, we made sure to make the most of every moment. Last weekend, we took a small trip to Iona Beach. It felt like a small getaway or escape. This summer has honestly been a test of patience for us. M is a teacher and because of the strike, we have no idea when he'll be going back to work. Also because of that, we've been forced to stay home...no vacations in the budget for us. It becomes taxing emotionally, especially in a city that doesn't take time to slow down. Fortunately, there are many little escapes nearby and Iona Beach is one of those. We spent the evening wandering the shores, collecting driftwood, and staring out into the vast, endless ocean. Somehow, whenever we go to the beach, I'm transported back to the prairies, where I can see for miles and my heart becomes content (even if just for a moment). I long for peaceful days of wandering and I love that I receive that when going to the ocean. Here's to more peaceful days for September! (If this strike ever ends).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...