.

August 19, 2013

Explosions of Colour


These were some small paintings that I came across recently in my growing portfolio of work. They were done as a project for school where we were required to create 10 6"x8" abstract paintings on hardboard. I found myself using a palette that was so bright and colourful, which is really not something I am prone to! But it was fun to play and pretend I was 3 again, no inhibitions... just painting. Sometimes my work is deeply rooted in content, but these? These are just the exploration of colour. Beautiful colour!

*If you feel inclined to want to own one of these little gems, they are available for purchase at $10 each. Contact me for more details or for pictures of the other 6 paintings.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...