.

November 26, 2012

Connections To Home

Christmas is around the corner, and as we've been decorating in my tiny basement suite and doing fun Christmas activities, I can't help but feel nostalgic and a little bit down. Christmas is so often filled with traditions and family in the time leading up to the day, and I feel a sense of loss being so far from my home and family. This blog is a way to connect with the people that I love back home so I thought I would incorporate that into a school project. 

These digital images come from my project for my Digital Photography class. My concept? Finding a way to capture memory using more than just a photograph. Our memory is not solely attached to still images, yet often our memories are fragmented or not whole. I wanted to capture that within a single frame. Each image has a moving element, if you look closely. 
These are the metaphors of memory, fragments of my nostalgia that I wanted to share with you. And I would love a response, as memories are so often shared. 
What is a poignant memory that you have that you would like to capture?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...